by Martin Muse
China has done it again. Here's a link to a CNN story which has the brand and numbers of over a quarter million Chinese tires that have been recalled:
The recall applies to Westlake, Compass and YKS brand tires in these sizes and models:
- Size LT235/75R-15, models CR861 and CR857, with a DOT number beginning 7DT5FTS.
- Size LT235/85R-16, models CR860, CR861 and CR857, with a DOT number beginning 7DT2FTS.
- Size LT245/75R-16, models CR860, CR861 and CR857, with a DOT number beginning 7DT3FTS.
- Size LT265/75R-16, models CR860, CR861 and CR857, with a DOT number beginning 7DT4FTS.
- Size LT31X10.5 R-15, models CR857 and CR861, with a DOT number beginning 7DT6FTS.
With 287 Billion (with a B) dollars of Chinese imports and a less than 1 percent inspection rate, is it any surprise that I'm surprised that these quarter-million defective tires have been found?
Pet food, toys, fish, tires, toothpaste...
Here's the link to the CNN story.