by Janet Ritz
Given chocolate's status as a conflict substance, it's good to know that ethical (and tasty!) chocolate is readily available. Why is this important? With Fair Trade chocolate:
• Forced and abusive child labor practices are prohibited
• Farming families earn a price that is adequate to meet their basic human needs
• Environmentally sustainable production methods are required
Where can you buy Fair Trade chocolate and other Fair Trade goods?
• Fair Trade Chocolate (Global Exchange)
• Fair Trade Certified
• Fair Trade Labeling Organization International
• Fair Trade Federation
• Fair Trade Resource Network (Fair trade flowers)
• Fair Trade Foundation, London
For more information on healthy foods, see: Do we need another Jungle?